I am thrilled to have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by the lovely Ashley of Coral & Stripes. The origins of the award are not well-known, yet we do know that it is an great way to introduce different bloggers to each other and to promote quality blogs that awardees and their readers may not have discovered otherwise. Thank you, Ashley for the wonderful nomination!!
Once you receive the award, you nominate 15 of your favorite versatile blogs and you share 7 facts about yourself for the community.
I am excited to introduce you to just a few of my favorites (it was incredibly hard to narrow down, since I follow quite a few blogs, but………narrow down with ‘versatile’ as the criteria, I did):
My 15 Nominations:
A Brit Greek: This fabulous fashonista ditched London, for the sunny splendor of Greece, all for the sake of love. She shares a delightful array of beautiful places, fashions, careers, life as an ex-pat all with a healthy dose of positivity. Don’t miss her ‘Little Black Book” where she, along with her well-traveled friends, shares the places you don’t want to miss when you have a case of wanderlust.
Beancakes: Kristina is a graphic designer, jewelry designer, foodie, fashion enthusiast and more (read about it here). She shares all things pretty and tasty. I love her style and all of her recipes for healthy, yummy food.
Category Beautiful: A fairly new find for me, I really enjoy the diversity of truly beautiful things Diana brings to her readers. From travel, fashion, health & beauty, architecture, decor, she has it all covered
Everything Just So: Jill shares an insiders peek at the latest fashion exhibitions in NYC, happenings in the fashion world, as well as a bit of her own sophisticated style. With a few lovely tidbits on daily life thrown in to mix it up, I find her blog inspiring and a must read.
Gee Write: Simone brings us a beautiful view from Austria. She never disappoints with her insights on food, fashion, design and travel. Check out her recent post of ‘must-see’s’ if you visit Istanbul.
Glamorous Hustle: I love Megan’s honesty and positivity. This down-to earth lady shares her goals and her progress towards them, as well as thoughts on fashion, dating, fitness and more. Check out her ‘Random Ramblings’……they always make me smile.
Hogger & Co: Smita is an amazing creative & photographer and she shares the stunning view from her lens with her readers, whether it be fashion, food, exotic travel – you will find much beauty and inspiration here.
Love Is Speed: The beautiful places that Çin Çin Çinla shares with her readers simply take my breath away. From exquisite hotels, to famous homes around the world we get a peek inside these wonderful, opulent spaces. She also shares a look at beautiful fashion, art, design and cars (yes, she has a deep-seeded love of classic cars).
One Sisters Rant: Bella’s tagline says it all: “The race to discover answers to life’s rhetorical questions before I die, lose my mind, or forget how to spell”. She writes on a wide array of topics that really make you think. She has a loyal following of people that add thoughtful insight to the topic at hand. To top it all off, she shares stories and pictures of her adorable Jack Russell Terrier, Roxy Lee. Does it really get any better than that?
Pencil Shavings: Rachel owns a custom invitation and gift business and she writes about all things beautiful and design-y ( I know it’s not a word, but I like it). She also throws in some posts on Mommy-hood that I thoroughly enjoy.
Life For Instance: Lori knows how to get a great conversation started. She has created a wonderful space for intelligent, insightful, witty banter. With a fantastic community of regular contributors as well as newbies, I typically learn something new every time I visit and am often inspired to think about something in a new way
Not Your Average Ordinary: Brandi is a super-interesting lady with a wide array of interests (check out her “About” page). This diversity shows in her posts. Really, she writes on many topics and I am always intrigued with what she shares.
SoCal Sophisticate: Abby shares her personal style, musings on fashion and her journey towards becoming a Yoga instructor with her readers. She is such a pretty lady with a lovely, positive attitude.
The Lonely Wife Project: Sabra is a P.R. professional and started her blog as a creative outlet while her husband attends graduate school. I love her positive tone and the pretty things she shares. Be sure to check out her post about the talk she attended by the Dalai Lama.
The Uncommon Chick: Another recent discovery for me, I was instantly hooked by Kesha’s wonderful, upbeat topics. She inspired me to start a gratitude journal and, while the process is still new to me, it makes a huge difference in perspective. Thanks, Kesha!! Oh and this super-charged lady also has a business blog if you are interested.
7 Facts About Me:
1. I am a homebody by nature. Sure, I like to get all dolled up and go out for a night on the town, but I will never argue about staying in for a night of movies on the couch.
2. My best friend/roommate in college and I thought it would be a good idea to get ferrets as pets (you know…they are small and cute, right?). Terribly bad idea…they were not especially nice, cute or playful. Luckily, we found them a loving home when we graduated. Sorry, ferret-lovers, I will stick with dogs.
3. I spent 2 weeks in Bulgaria working on business plans for small start-up companies while in graduate school. It was the most humbling, yet amazing experience of my life. We were hosted in the homes of some of the business owners and they were so amazingly generous with us even though they had many financial struggles and challenges. A trip I will never forget.
4. I love roller-coasters….the higher, the better.
5. I have never broken any bones.
6. I think laughter is the best medicine and a good night’s sleep can put everything in a better perspective.
7. I did not learn to type until I was 25. How does that happen? Good thing I picked it up fairly quickly.
If you’re one of the nominated blogs above, here’s what you do next:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Include a link to their blog.
3. Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly and nominate those 15 for the Versatile Blogger Award.
4. Share 7 things about yourself in your post.
5. Don’t forget to include this set of rules!
6. Inform each nominee with a comment on their blog or twitter.
If you want to learn about other winners of the award, this site is a great resource.